Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Danni Song <DS...@hutchison.com.au> on 2003/02/19 01:57:41 UTC

config log file name with time stamp

Hello there,

I have a problem to create a log file named with date/time stamp, such
as xxx.YYMMDDhhmm. What I need is to roll over some log files every five
minutes. I have achieved this by writing a cronjob to call log4j Roller
every 5 miniutes. The roller then fires the ExternallyRolledFileAppender
to do the job. Every thing is fine except the rolled over log files are
named as xxx.1, xxx.2, xxx.3 ... I am thinking somebody in this group
much know how to configure log file names and can help...

Mang thanks,
Danni