Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Hemant Kumar <he...@codemancers.com> on 2012/09/06 08:46:59 UTC

Configuring Java for openoffice on OSX Mountain Lion

Hello folks,

I have JDK 1.6 provided by Apple installed on my Macbook pro, which is running Mountain Lion. Openoffice can't detect the JAVA installed and specifying manually via OpenOffice preferences does not work as well. Whatever folder I specify in Openoffice preferences, it says - "No valid JRE found".

I am at loss, can anyone explain what is going on?

Cheers
Hemant
http://twitter.com/gnufied
http://www.codemancers.com

Re: Configuring Java for openoffice on OSX Mountain Lion

Posted by vegastore <in...@vegastore.it>.
Il 06/09/12 15:34, Hemant Kumar ha scritto:
> Hello Mike,
>
> Tried that, still no luck.
>

> On 06-Sep-2012, at 1:21 PM, Mike Lish <mi...@sba.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Try the new Java update  "Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_07
>>
>> Mike Lish
>>

>> On 6 September 2012 07:46, Hemant Kumar <he...@codemancers.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello folks,
>>>
>>> I have JDK 1.6 provided by Apple installed on my Macbook pro, which is
>>> running Mountain Lion. Openoffice can't detect the JAVA installed and
>>> specifying manually via OpenOffice preferences does not work as well.
>>> Whatever folder I specify in Openoffice preferences, it says - "No valid
>>> JRE found".
>>>
>>> I am at loss, can anyone explain what is going on?
>>>

>>> Cheers
>>> Hemant
>>> http://twitter.com/gnufied
>>> http://www.codemancers.com

Thank to all.
I tried.
Ettore

Re: Configuring Java for openoffice on OSX Mountain Lion

Posted by Hemant Kumar <he...@codemancers.com>.
Hello Mike,

Thank you so much for trying to help me, but I am pretty sure I don't have corrupted Java. I am a Java/Scala programmer and I will know if my Java installation is corrupt.  Other apps - Eclipse, IntelliJ Idea, occasional Applets,Tomcat, ActiveMQ and ElasticSearch work just fine.

Cheers
Hemant
http://twitter.com/gnufied
http://www.codemancers.com