Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2008/12/04 18:14:00 UTC

Re: Which one is better - Lucene OR Google Search Appliance

I saw a pile of responses for this thread, but didn't read them all carefully.  How much exactly will you be paying for a GSA that is licensed to handle 8M docs?  I *believe* you'll be paying around $250,000.  Now ask yourself if you can hire somebody to develop exactly what you want for less.  I'm assuming you don't need the functionality yesterday and can wait for a couple of developers to create exactly what you need (which may not be what GSA provides).

Otis