Posted to user@struts.apache.org by eu...@fedex.com on 2004/10/15 04:26:21 UTC

ActionError deprecated but ActionForm validate() uses ActionErrors

Good day,

Re the title, ActionError was deprecated in Struts 1.2 but ActionForm
validate() still returns ActionErrors. ActionErrors only has one add()
method that accepts ActionError, not ActionMessage.

How do I modify my code in such a way to avoid using the deprecated
ActionError, but still make use of struts form classes?

Best regards,
Eu Gene

Re: ActionError deprecated but ActionForm validate() uses ActionErrors

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eu Gene,

> Re the title, ActionError was deprecated in Struts 1.2 but ActionForm
> validate() still returns ActionErrors. ActionErrors only has one add()
> method that accepts ActionError, not ActionMessage.
>
> How do I modify my code in such a way to avoid using the deprecated
> ActionError, but still make use of struts form classes?
Don't worry, ActionErrors extends ActionMessages, which means...  You
know what I mean.  ;)
    http://struts.apache.org/api/org/apache/struts/action/ActionErrors.html
    http://struts.apache.org/api/org/apache/struts/action/ActionMessages.html

Best regards,