Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ZB <jl...@orange.fr> on 2008/04/17 15:37:35 UTC

Tomcat and jmx

Hi everybody,

i would like to monitor my Tomcat 6.0 with another port instead of 8888.
How can I change the VM arguments within my Tomcat Service (Windows XP)

Thank you

JLucas

RE: Tomcat and jmx

Posted by Antonio Vidal Ferrer <an...@globalia-sistemas.com>.
Well, it can be done via CATALINA_OPTS.

For example:

setenv CATALINA_OPTS "-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote \
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8123 \
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false \
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=true \
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file=conf/jmxremote.password \
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.access.file=conf/jmxremote.access"

You can check this here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/monitoring.html

Best

Toni.