Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Fedechicco <fe...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/26 18:11:21 UTC

Fine-grained mesos execution hangs on Debian 7.4

Hello,

as from object, when I run scala spark-shell on our mesos (0.19) cluster
some spark slaves just hang at the end of the staging phase for any given
elaboration.

The cluster has mixed OSes (Ubuntu 14.04 / Debian 7.4), but if I run the
same shell and commands using coarse grained mode everything works just
fine.

I'm using a spark 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT built from sources (pulled today from
git), on openjdk-7.

Sadly I can't get any error message from the sandboxes for the hanging
slaves, everything seems in order, just stuck.

Any suggestion on how to debug this?

thanks,
Federico

Re: Fine-grained mesos execution hangs on Debian 7.4

Posted by Fedechicco <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sebastien,

it is not working with the 1.0 branch either.
I decided to compile spark from source precisely because of the
[SPARK-2204] fix, because before that I couldn't get fine-grained working
at all.
Now it works fine if the cluster is only composed of Ubuntu 14.04 nodes,
and when I introduce the Debian 7.4 nodes they hang like described.

I tested both the master (cloned with the [SPARK-2204] fix already inside)
and the 1.0 branch with that commit cherry-picked inside.
The behaviour is the same: whatever the reason is, it has not been
introduced after the 1.0 release.

Did anybody else test fine-grained with a Debian 7 or 7.4?

Posted by Sébastien Rainville <se...@gmail.com>.
Hello Federico,