Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Terry Catapano <th...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/16 20:04:14 UTC

unable to create database in Futon

I'm probably overlooking something simple, but I'm unable to create a
database within Futon. My Firefox error console reports this error:

Error: $.showDialog is not a function
Source File: http://localhost:5984/_utils/script/browse.js
Line: 21

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.14 on OS X 10.4.11. Couchdb is installed on Ubuntu 7.10.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Terry

Re: unable to create database in Futon

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On May 16, 2008, at 23:45, Terry Catapano wrote:

> Jan,
>
> Be glad to help out
>
> Did a fresh checkout in a directory in /tmp
>
> /tmp/new/couchb-read-only/share/www/script$ ls
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^--- are you by chance using the
google code trunk?

CouchDB development moved the the ASF. Find the latest source at
http://incubator.apache.org/couchdb/community/code.html

Cheers
Jan

Posted by Terry Catapano <th...@gmail.com>.
Jan,

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Terry Catapano <th...@gmail.com>.
Christopher,

You're right, I did. That was my interpretation of what I ought to
have done from the info on the downloads page
(http://incubator.apache.org/couchdb/downloads.html):

"There have not been any releases of CouchDB yet since the move to
Apache. Previous releases are still available for download at the old
site.

If you'd like to use the very latest development version, check out
the code from our Subversion repository."

I took that to mean I could get the last most stable-ish release from
the old site, and the most recent "bleeding-edge" release from the
Apache site.

Thanks for your (and Jan's) help,

Terry

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.

   cmlenz at gmx.de
   http://www.cmlenz.net/

Re: unable to create database in Futon

Posted by Terry Catapano <th...@gmail.com>.
Jan,

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On May 16, 2008, at 20:42, Terry Catapano wrote:

> Jan,
>
> I have 0.7.3a1. Just checked it out via svn today. Doesn't look like I
> have jquery.couch.js. Where should I be looking, just to make sure?

it should be under $whereeveryouinstalledcouchdb/share/couchdb/www/
script/
so possibly /usr/share/couchdb/www/script/ or /usr/local/share/couchdb/
www/script/

Posted by Terry Catapano <th...@gmail.com>.
Jan,

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.