Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/07/16 14:12:29 UTC

Release Status

Hi,

I just wanted to check what the status for releasing tomorrow is?

Carsten

Re: Release Status

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> On Wednesday, Jul 16, 2003, at 12:27 America/Guayaquil, Christopher
> Oliver wrote:
>
>> Flow is still not ready to release.
>> 1) Flowscript documention is incomplete
>> 2) Some samples have not migrated to FOM yet.
>> 3) Flow/FOM is not yet stable. There's a bug that causes NPE with
>> mulitple sessions
>

> Chris,
>
> we are proposing to release a RC, not a final implementation. As long
> as contracts are solid, all the above things can be fixed as we go,
> but they showstop only the final release, IMO.
>
> We should now concentrate on the contract solidity analysis,
> everything else comes later.

Fine, no problem, then.

Chris

Re: Release Status

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Oliver wrote:

> Flow is still not ready to release.
> 1) Flowscript documention is incomplete
> 2) Some samples have not migrated to FOM yet.
> 3) Flow/FOM is not yet stable. There's a bug that causes NPE with
> mulitple sessions

Chris,

we are proposing to release a RC, not a final implementation. As long
as contracts are solid, all the above things can be fixed as we go, but
they showstop only the final release, IMO.

We should now concentrate on the contract solidity analysis, everything
else comes later.

> --
Stefano.

Re: Release Status

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.

Re: Release Status

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday, Jul 16, 2003, at 13:08 America/Guayaquil, Geoff Howard
wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> On Wednesday, Jul 16, 2003, at 07:12 America/Guayaquil, Carsten
>> Ziegeler wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just wanted to check what the status for releasing tomorrow is?
>> I don't want to rain on the party, but I think we should have a vote
>> on the the thread on the sitemap/flow hooks since changing this
>> between RC1 and RC2 might not be exactly a good idea, given the
>> importance of this contract.
>
> I thought that was what [Vote] Controller/Sitemap integration is about
> unless I misunderstand what sitemap/flow hooks you mean?

I should learn to finish reading email before starting to reply ;-)

sorry, yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

--
Stefano.

Re: Release Status

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.

Re: Release Status

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Ziegeler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to check what the status for releasing tomorrow is?

I don't want to rain on the party, but I think we should have a vote on
the the thread on the sitemap/flow hooks since changing this between
RC1 and RC2 might not be exactly a good idea, given the importance of
this contract.

Given the amount of emotional energy that thread generated, I think it
would be fair to take it into account.

What do you think?

--
Stefano.

RE: Release Status

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.
From: Geoff Howard

> Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> >
> > From: Carsten Ziegeler
> >
> > - the only open point is the flow integration into the sitemap
> >   --> As RC1 should have stable public interfaces we should decide
> >       this ASAP!
>
> I'd suggest that the flow/session discussion is a little of an open
> issue because the implementation does not (and perhaps cannot) match
> what was proposed?  Actually, it's been said that the agreement over
> when a session needed to be created was always a little
> unresolved.  If
> so, then it's just still unresolved.
>
> I'm not proposing to hold up the beta over this (though it
> may be good
> to decide the issue in time), just bringing it up.

+1 (shouldn't stop release)

Reinhard

Re: Release Status

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> From: Carsten Ziegeler
>
> - the only open point is the flow integration into the sitemap
>   --> As RC1 should have stable public interfaces we should decide
>       this ASAP!

I'd suggest that the flow/session discussion is a little of an open
issue because the implementation does not (and perhaps cannot) match
what was proposed?  Actually, it's been said that the agreement over
when a session needed to be created was always a little unresolved.  If
so, then it's just still unresolved.

I'm not proposing to hold up the beta over this (though it may be good
to decide the issue in time), just bringing it up.

Geoff

RE: Release Status

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.
From: Carsten Ziegeler

> Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> >

> > - the only open point is the flow integration into the sitemap
> >   --> As RC1 should have stable public interfaces we should decide
> >       this ASAP!
> >
> >       Do we need another vote on this or is there consensus
> >       on the list that we should rename it?
> >       What do you think Carsten? What do others think?
> >
> Has there been a vote about it? If so, we have a result; if
> not let's start a vote about it.

Expect the vote on the integration part (everything else has been
accepted) soon. I'll take Sylvain's proposal.

Reinhard

RE: Release Status

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

RE: Release Status

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.

From: Carsten Ziegeler

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to check what the status for releasing tomorrow is?

- Petstore is moved into a block (Petstore)
- JXTemplate* is moved into the main trunk
- JXForms is moved into its own block

- flow implementation is IMO stable

- flow is accepted (see vote --> I'll summarize the results ASAP)

- the only open point is the flow integration into the sitemap
  --> As RC1 should have stable public interfaces we should decide
      this ASAP!

      Do we need another vote on this or is there consensus
      on the list that we should rename it?
      What do you think Carsten? What do others think?

Cheers,
Reinhard