Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net> on 2002/09/14 02:38:01 UTC

[Config] action attribute: contextRelative

I disagree with the perspective that contextRelative="true" on a global
forward makes it NOT relative to the conext (sub-application context).
 Am I just thinking of this stupidly?  My guess is that it's saying
"relative to the application context".  It just seems natural for me,
placing this declaration into a sub-application configuration, that the
conext of which it speaks would be that of the sub-application; not the
application.

... just blowing steam!  I wasted a *lot* of time on that today.

Thanks!

Eddie

Re: [Config] action attribute: contextRelative

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
It's probably too late to effect a change in this (guessing here), but
wouldn't it be much cleaner and easier to understand if you had say:

context="application" (relative to the application context)
- or -
context="sub-app" (relative to the sub-application)

... to choose from, in contrast to:

contextRelative="true"  (relative to the application context)
- or -
contextRelative="false" (relative to the sub-application)

To me, the first set is much more intuative.

Regards,

Eddie