Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by eric kong <ui...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/07 07:49:13 UTC

Re: multiple class objects for single web service

For the case of multiple interface / multiple web services in one WSDL

  when we use WSDL2Java --> will generate multiple stub? also generate mutiple skeletons?

  with multiple ServiceLocator() methods?
  For example - AddressBookService abs = new AddressBookServiceLocator();

  what's that difference from deploy 1 web service 1 by 1? each has 1 WSDL? 1 interface? different URL?

  You can have several URLs for one service but only one web service
interface at a particular URL.
You can define multiple web services (with all their URLs) in one WSDL.

Whether you want to use different URLs, WSDL files and web services for
your HelloWorld and EchoServer interfaces or not, is a design decision.

Regards,
Dies

david duncan wrote:
> A Web service only maps to 1 Java object / class?
>
> For example I have 2 Classes (each class has 1 java method)
>
> 1) HelloWorld Object / class --> get a service request "name" and return "Hello" + \
> name back to service caller
> 2) EchoServer Object / class --> get a service request "Some string" and return \
> "Same string" back to caller
> Can I put this 2 class (each class has 1 method) into 1 Web Service URL + 1 WSDL ?
>
> -OR- I have to have 2 seperate web services ? one for HelloWorld another one for \
> EchoServer?
> thanks

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

Re: multiple class objects for single web service

Posted by Dies Koper <di...@jp.fujitsu.com>.
For each SEI (interface) you'll get a stub, but there will be one
service class (locator) which will have getters for each SEI: getSEI1(),
getSEI2(), etc.

I don't think Axis merges WSDL files when you deploy one by one. But if
you deploy to the same URL, all services will be defined in the same
WSDD file.
If you deploy to a different URL (different Axis servlet instance), they
won't share anything.
#with "deploy to a URL" I am referring to the URL you pass to
AdminClient, not the URL in your WSDL file.

Regards,
Dies