Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Lucas Bern <lu...@yahoo.com.ar> on 2005/05/20 18:18:52 UTC

DownLoad Action - exceptions

Hello, I'm lookig for advise...

How should be managed the exceptions by an acton that extends DownLoadAction????

Thanks

Lucas

---------------------------------
 A tu celular ¿no le falta algo?
 Usá Yahoo! Messenger y Correo Yahoo! en tu teléfono celular.
 Más información aquí.

Re: DownLoad Action - exceptions

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
You mean as far as what the user sees goes?  I wouldn't think you would
handle it any differently than you would any other exception that might
happen in an Action.  I personally use the GlobalExceptionHandler
mechanism in Struts... after the handler writes out some log info and
such, I forward to a page to display my exception.  As long as the user
clicks the link that calls your DownloadAction rather than right-click
and Save As, this should work.

Is that what you meant though, or did I misunderstand the question?

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect