Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Giffuni <gi...@tutopia.com> on 2011/06/14 22:20:27 UTC

JIRA vs bugzilla (was Re: Wiki, SVN, other resources - Questions)

 On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:53:27 -0400, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

>> FWIW, I understand JIRA has a tool to import bugzilla databases.
>
> And we could align the bug numbers, if JIRA is chosen.

 Anything but GNATS :).

> (my own opinion is that all bug trackers suck except for Google
> Code's, but I'm biased there; and that JIRA sucks less than Bugzilla)

 From what I've looked JIRA is better but I have only used bugzilla.

 I wouldn't mind either way but I would vote for trying JIRA and
 throwing
 the switch. Opinions are, of course, welcome.

 For now having a SVN repository is the first priority though.

 cheers,

 Pedro.

Re: JIRA vs bugzilla (was Re: Wiki, SVN, other resources - Questions)

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jun 14, 2011, at 1:22 PM, Phillip Rhodes wrote:

>>> And we could align the bug numbers, if JIRA is chosen.
>>>

>> Anything but GNATS :).
>>

>>> (my own opinion is that all bug trackers suck except for Google
>>> Code's, but I'm biased there; and that JIRA sucks less than Bugzilla)
>>>

>> From what I've looked JIRA is better but I have only used bugzilla.
>>

> I tend to favor Bugzilla, personally.   But some of that might be just
> familiarity, since
> I've more experience with it...

I've used both and I like JIRA much, much more. For example, the capability to create your own dashboard with custom filters on your favorite projects is very handy.

Regards,
Dave

Re: JIRA vs bugzilla (was Re: Wiki, SVN, other resources - Questions)

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Pedro Giffuni <gi...@tutopia.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:53:27 -0400, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> FWIW, I understand JIRA has a tool to import bugzilla databases.
>>>

>> And we could align the bug numbers, if JIRA is chosen.
>>

> Anything but GNATS :).
>

>> (my own opinion is that all bug trackers suck except for Google
>> Code's, but I'm biased there; and that JIRA sucks less than Bugzilla)
>>

> From what I've looked JIRA is better but I have only used bugzilla.

I tend to favor Bugzilla, personally.   But some of that might be just
familiarity, since
I've more experience with it...

Phil