Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by hepabolu <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/27 20:44:29 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Naming rule for HTML IDs generated by CForms - error in IE with XHTML

> On Sun, 6 Nov 2005, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> [X] "foo.bar:input"  (colon, not CSS-friendly because of IE)
>> [ ] "foo.bar..input" (double period)
>> [ ] "foo.bar.input." (trailing period)
>> [ ] "foo.bar._input" (underscore, requires to forbid it as the
>> beginning of widget names)

Guys,

I suppose this was the final result of the voting process. At the time I
didn't have any problem with it, but now I'm running into an error:

Entity names, PI targets, notation names and attribute values declared
to be of types ID, IDREF(S), ENTITY(IES) or NOTATION cannot contain any
colons. Erro processing resource 'http://localhost:8888/myform.form'

name="search.name" id="search.name:input"/></span>

All this when displaying my valid XHTML form in IE6 (WinXP).

Help!

Bye, Helma

Re: [VOTE] Naming rule for HTML IDs generated by CForms - error in IE with XHTML

Posted by hepabolu <he...@gmail.com>.
Jason Johnston wrote:
> hepabolu wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>
>>> Can you build a standalone xhtml file that reproduces the problem?
>>

>> Here it is. It works fine in firefox (both windows and mac) and
>> safari, but it produces the error I mentioned before in IE6.
>>

> Are you by chance serving it up with an XML mime-type?  The error you
> quoted seems to be an XML validation message which shouldn't occur for
> HTML.

No, if I serve it up with "application/xhtml+xml" I get the source code
as xml (of course only in IE). So I serve it up with "text/html".

This is driving me crazy.

Bye, Helma

Re: [VOTE] Naming rule for HTML IDs generated by CForms - error in IE with XHTML

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.

Posted by Christoph Hermann <ch...@guschtel.de>.
Andreas Hochsteger schrieb:

Hello,

> Using plain IE (6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.05031-1519) I got a security
> warning, that active contents have been deactivated.

Same thing here with IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519, displays
just fine.
The security warning comes from the onload="..." functions.

I just used the plain form (i.e. without cocoon, and without loading the
resources needed).

Displays also ok in
- Firefox Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-DE; rv:1.7.12)
Gecko/20050919 Firefox/1.0.7
- Opera Version 8.5 Build 7700
- Netscape 7.1 Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-DE; rv:1.4)
Gecko/20030619 Netscape/7.1 (ax)

Christoph

Re: [VOTE] Naming rule for HTML IDs generated by CForms - error in IE with XHTML

Posted by Andreas Hochsteger <e9...@student.tuwien.ac.at>.
I got an error using WinXPPro with Firefox 1.5 (2005-11-07) in an IE-Tab
(1.0.6.3) (https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1419).

Using plain IE (6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.05031-1519) I got a security
warning, that active contents have been deactivated.

Plain Firefox is ok.

Cheers,
Andreas

Posted by Peter Hunsberger <pe...@gmail.com>.
On 11/28/05, hepabolu <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> >> Here it is. It works fine in firefox (both windows and mac) and
> >> safari, but it produces the error I mentioned before in IE6.
> >

> > Works for me: IE 6, Win 2k.
> >
> > Jörg
> >

> aaargh.
>
> I have WinXPPro. Why can't it be consistent?

I don't see any errors simply displaying the form you sent: I'm on Win
XP Pro SP2.  IE 6 (6.0.2800.1106)..??

--
Peter Hunsberger

Re: [VOTE] Naming rule for HTML IDs generated by CForms - error in IE with XHTML

Posted by hepabolu <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by hepabolu <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by hepabolu <he...@gmail.com>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>> Entity names, PI targets, notation names and attribute values declared
>> to be of types ID, IDREF(S), ENTITY(IES) or NOTATION cannot contain
>> any colons. Error processing resource 'http://localhost:8888/myform.form'
>

> What is displaying this message? Is it Cocoon, a parser, IE6? The colon
> character is explicitely allowed in ID attributes in the XML specification.

It's IE, the form looks fine in Firefox and Safari.

> Can you build a standalone xhtml file that reproduces the problem?

I'll try.

Bye, Helma

Re: [VOTE] Naming rule for HTML IDs generated by CForms - error in IE with XHTML

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
hepabolu wrote:
>> On Sun, 6 Nov 2005, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>
>>> [X] "foo.bar:input"  (colon, not CSS-friendly because of IE)
>>> [ ] "foo.bar..input" (double period)
>>> [ ] "foo.bar.input." (trailing period)
>>> [ ] "foo.bar._input" (underscore, requires to forbid it as the
>>> beginning of widget names)
>
> Guys,
>
> I suppose this was the final result of the voting process. At the time
> I didn't have any problem with it, but now I'm running into an error:
>
> Entity names, PI targets, notation names and attribute values declared
> to be of types ID, IDREF(S), ENTITY(IES) or NOTATION cannot contain
> any colons. Erro processing resource 'http://localhost:8888/myform.form'

What is displaying this message? Is it Cocoon, a parser, IE6? The colon
character is explicitely allowed in ID attributes in the XML specification.

Can you build a standalone xhtml file that reproduces the problem?

Sylvain