Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "M. Onur ERGiN" <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/18 18:59:02 UTC

[users@httpd] verify GET and POST data.

In my server(2.0.40), I don't think GET and POST data is properly returned. How can I verify this?

Regards,
Onur.

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos

Re: [users@httpd] verify GET and POST data.

Posted by "M. Onur ERGiN" <mo...@yahoo.com>.
Ok, finally got it working. I have updated the locale and encoding settings to C and UTF8 and rebooted the system.
Best regards,
Onur.

Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> wrote: On 1/18/06, M. Onur ERGiN  wrote:
> At the moment, my locale is:

> LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"

At least this one probably needs to be set to "C".

Joshua.

---------------------------------

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by "M. Onur ERGiN" <mo...@yahoo.com>.
At the moment, my locale is:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=C
LC_TIME=C
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES=C
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Regards,
Onur.

Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> wrote: On 1/18/06, M. Onur ERGiN  wrote:
> A minute ago, from some logs, I found some case problems.
> I am seeing HTTP_KEEP_ALÝVE instead of HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE . I think the
> problem with MIMEModeMagic is the same. Does it give any clue?
> I might have mistakenly set some system fonts to Turkish. But now I can not
> fix it. any idea?

A seriously screwed up system?

What is your locale set to?  On some systems, basic functions like
strcasecmp don't work properly if the locale is not set to "C".
Sounds like what you are seeing.

Joshua.

---------------------------------

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
M. Onur ERGiN wrote:
> A minute ago, from some logs, I found some case problems.
> I am seeing HTTP_KEEP_ALÝVE instead of HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE . I think the
> problem with MIMEModeMagic is the same. Does it give any clue?
> I might have mistakenly set some system fonts to Turkish. But now I can
> not fix it. any idea?

In all your posts, you are pointing at what appears to be some unicode alternate
representation for the I symbol.  You've messed up your system, you would be
better off seeking help on the appropriate OS forum at this point.

Hey, you wouldn't have happened to have reset your system (and terminals!)
completely, to clear this if it's an intermittant flaw?

Bill

Re: [users@httpd] localization problem

Posted by "M. Onur ERGiN" <mo...@yahoo.com>.
Forgot to add this:
Those HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE, HTTP_COOKIE, HTTP_CONNECTION and HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING are logged as HTTP_KEEP_ALÝVE, HTTP_COOKÝE, HTTP_CONNECTÝON, HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODÝNG.

Regards,
Onur.

"M. Onur ERGiN" <mo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear all,
In mailman logs I've a problem with I letter. Please see below message:

It only occurs to 'I' in HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE, HTTP_COOKIE, HTTP_CONNECTION
and HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING and not to I in other Apache set variables
such as SCRIPT_FILENAME, SERVER_ADMIN, SERVER_SIGNATURE, etc.

How would apache decide/set those HTTP_* variables? Or what should I check specifically?

Regards
Onur.

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos � Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
  Photo Books. You design it and we�ll bind it!

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos

Re: [users@httpd] localization problem

Posted by "M. Onur ERGiN" <mo...@yahoo.com>.
A minute ago, from some logs, I found some case problems.
I am seeing HTTP_KEEP_ALÝVE instead of HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE . I think the problem with MIMEModeMagic is the same. Does it give any clue?
I might have mistakenly set some system fonts to Turkish. But now I can not fix it. any idea?
Best.
Onur.

Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> wrote: On 1/18/06, M. Onur ERGiN  wrote:
> yeah, sorry.
> My problem is, mailman (mail list) admin pages do not save any information
> and returns back to admin screen each time I submit a form or click on a
> link. I have discussed this issue in mailman list for quite a lot time, and
> it seems working very good. And it seems, the problem is related to the web
> server.
> Now I suspect the information in GET or POST may be wrong.
>
> Also, I need to somehow verify the cookie information retrieved.
>
> An interesting issue is; my apache stopped running a few weeks ago. I took a
> lot of time to find out the problem. It was a httpd.conf line:
> "MIMEMagicFile path/to/it ". When I changed this line to "MimeMagicFile
> path/to/it" , it again started to work. As far as I know, httpd.conf is case
>  insensitive. What can be the reason causing this? (Note, I was playing with
> language,lang,locale settings a few days ago but now sure if this effects..)

I can almost guarantee that changing the case of the MimeMagicFile
directive did not have any effect.  There was probably something else
that changed.

As to your other problem, you need to get much more detailed
information.  If you have no other way of looking at the data, you can
try mod_dumpio.  But you are using a very old version of apache that
doesn't include this module.

Joshua.

---------------------------------

Re: [users@httpd] verify GET and POST data.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by "M. Onur ERGiN" <mo...@yahoo.com>.
yeah, sorry.
[...]

Any idea is very appreciated.
Regards,
Onur.

Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> wrote: On 1/18/06, M. Onur ERGiN  wrote:
> In my server(2.0.40), I don't think GET and POST data is properly returned.
> How can I verify this?

Do a GET or POST and look at the results?

Sorry, but your question is incomprehensible.  Please provide more
details and examples.

Joshua.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.