Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jared Ingersoll <ji...@iconstructs.com> on 2005/11/11 18:27:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Using SetHandler to redirect requests to the webserver root directory

Hello,

I'm using a bea weblogic module for apache to bridge the http traffic
from apache to the app server. Currently, I have it configured to use
the following virtual directory for the redirect:

<Location /weblogic>
 SetHandler weblogic-handler
 PathTrim /weblogic
</Location>

This works, however, I would like any traffic that goes to the root
directory on apache to be redirected, and the following does not seem to
work:

<Location />
 SetHandler weblogic-handler
 PathTrim /
</Location>

Can anyone make a recommendation on how to configure to root directory
to use the weblogic-handler?

Thanks,
jared

Re: [users@httpd] Using SetHandler to redirect requests to the webserver root directory

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 11/11/05, Jared Ingersoll <ji...@iconstructs.com> wrote:

> This works, however, I would like any traffic that goes to the root
> directory on apache to be redirected, and the following does not seem to
> work:
>
> <Location />
>  SetHandler weblogic-handler
>  PathTrim /
> </Location>
>
> Can anyone make a recommendation on how to configure to root directory
> to use the weblogic-handler?

I don't know anything about weblogic, but you need to tell us exactly
what happens when you try this config.  Just saying that it doesn't
work isn't helpful.

One thing to try: you probably don't want that PathTrim directive.

Joshua.