Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2008/10/27 16:23:11 UTC

Re: svn commit: r708217 - in /ant/core/trunk: WHATSNEW src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/email/MimeMailer.java

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

I'm not completely comfortable with this change since I couldn't
test all combinations I would have needed to feel OK.

The patch changes the protocol from "smtp" to "smtps" if the SSL
flag has been set on the <mail> task, aparently it doesn't work with
JavaMail 1.4.1 any other way.

If anybody around here uses the <mail> task or a MailLogger with
SSL, please do me a favour and check that it still works with the
current trunk.

Stefan