Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2006/05/07 20:55:50 UTC

[collections] v3.2 RC1 now available

Collections v3.2 is about ready to go:

http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-collections/site/

Feel free to check this RC and make comments.
The vote will follow, so please don't vote on this thread.

Stephen

Re: [collections] v3.2 RC1 now available

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Collections v3.2 is about ready to go:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-collections/site/

And the RC itself is at:

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> I found a few minor spelling mistakes, which I fixed and committed.
Thanks ;-)

> /xdocs/navigation.xml
> The link to "Javadoc (3.2 release)" is not working out of the box.
This will work once its a live site.

> /xdocs/pick.xml
> This document does not seem to be referenced from anywhere.
This document is unfinished so shouldn't be linked.

> /xdocs/tasks.xml
> Some of the items on the list seems to have been implemented in 3.2.
Tidied the list, thanks

> Building using Ant and Maven works nicely. But building with Ant
> produces 9 deprecation warnings, which do not seem to be related to the
> new deprecations for 3.2.
These are deprecations in v3.0, so I don't see anything to worry about
here (although I've no idea why the warnings still appear).

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Collections v3.2 is about ready to go:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-collections/site/
>
> Feel free to check this RC and make comments.
> The vote will follow, so please don't vote on this thread.

Not being a Collections user yet, I had a look at the site itself. I
found a few minor spelling mistakes, which I fixed and committed. Then
there are a few odd things:

/xdocs/navigation.xml
The link to "Javadoc (3.2 release)" is not working out of the box.
Guessing this has to do with versioning of JavaDocs on the site.
By the way, in SVN it still says "Javadoc (3.1 release)", so I imagine
there are some check-ins coming.

/xdocs/pick.xml
This document does not seem to be referenced from anywhere.

/xdocs/tasks.xml
Some of the items on the list seems to have been implemented in 3.2.

Building using Ant and Maven works nicely. But building with Ant
produces 9 deprecation warnings, which do not seem to be related to the
new deprecations for 3.2. Might be deprecations moving along from 3.1
though, but I couldn't find the release notes for 3.1 on the web. My ant
output is:

compile:
     [mkdir] Created dir:
G:\apache\commons-collections-3.2-RC1-src\build\classes
     [javac] Compiling 273 source files to
G:\apache\commons-collections-3.2-RC1-src\build\classes
     [javac]
G:\apache\commons-collections-3.2-RC1-src\src\java\org\apache\commons\collections\CursorableLinkedList.java:1197:
warning: org.apache.commons.collections.CursorableLinkedList in
org.apache.commons.collections has been deprecated
     [javac] class CursorableSubList extends CursorableLinkedList
implements List {
     [javac]                                 ^
     [javac]
G:\apache\commons-collections-3.2-RC1-src\src\java\org\apache\commons\collections\CursorableLinkedList.java:1201:
warning: org.apache.commons.collections.CursorableLinkedList in
org.apache.commons.collections has been deprecated
     [javac]     CursorableSubList(CursorableLinkedList list, int from,
int to) {
     [javac]                       ^
     [javac]
G:\apache\commons-collections-3.2-RC1-src\src\java\org\apache\commons\collections\CursorableLinkedList.java:1455:
warning: org.apache.commons.collections.CursorableLinkedList in
org.apache.commons.collections has been deprecated
     [javac]     protected CursorableLinkedList _list = null;
     [javac]               ^
     [javac]
G:\apache\commons-collections-3.2-RC1-src\src\java\org\apache\commons\collections\SynchronizedPriorityQueue.java:44:
warning: org.apache.commons.collections.PriorityQueue in
org.apache.commons.collections has been deprecated
     [javac]     public SynchronizedPriorityQueue(final PriorityQueue
priorityQueue) {
     [javac]                                            ^
     [javac]
G:\apache\commons-collections-3.2-RC1-src\src\java\org\apache\commons\collections\CursorableLinkedList.java:1201:
warning: org.apache.commons.collections.CursorableLinkedList in
org.apache.commons.collections has been deprecated
     [javac]     CursorableSubList(CursorableLinkedList list, int from,
int to) {
     [javac]                       ^
     [javac]
G:\apache\commons-collections-3.2-RC1-src\src\java\org\apache\commons\collections\DefaultMapBag.java:143:
warning: org.apache.commons.collections.HashBag in
org.apache.commons.collections has been deprecated
     [javac]         return containsAll(new HashBag(coll));
     [javac]                                ^
     [javac]
G:\apache\commons-collections-3.2-RC1-src\src\java\org\apache\commons\collections\DefaultMapBag.java:291:
warning: org.apache.commons.collections.HashBag in
org.apache.commons.collections has been deprecated
     [javac]         return retainAll(new HashBag(coll));
     [javac]                              ^
     [javac]
G:\apache\commons-collections-3.2-RC1-src\src\java\org\apache\commons\collections\DefaultMapBag.java:304:
warning: org.apache.commons.collections.HashBag in
org.apache.commons.collections has been deprecated
     [javac]         Bag excess = new HashBag();
     [javac]                          ^
     [javac]
G:\apache\commons-collections-3.2-RC1-src\src\java\org\apache\commons\collections\SynchronizedPriorityQueue.java:44:
warning: org.apache.commons.collections.PriorityQueue in
org.apache.commons.collections has been deprecated
     [javac]     public SynchronizedPriorityQueue(final PriorityQueue
priorityQueue) {
     [javac]                                            ^
     [javac] 9 warnings

--
Dennis Lundberg