Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jeremy Arnold <je...@bigfoot.com> on 2003/08/16 22:37:53 UTC

[Fwd: Re: License for timing library]

Hello,
    A couple months ago, somebody on jmeter-user suggested that we use
native code to give more accurate time information than
System.currentTimeMillis.  This user referenced a recent JavaWorld
article with sample code to do this.  I contacted the author of that
code, and he gave me his approval to release that code under the Apache
license as a part of JMeter.  I'll be committing that code to CVS (as
part of JOrphan) in just a few minutes.  The attached email contains the
approval from Vladimir (the author).

    This code isn't actually used in JMeter yet.  This initial commit is
exactly the code which Vladimir published in JavaWorld, except for the
changed package name and adding credits to the author and JavaWorld.  I
plan to make a few modifications, and then start updating JMeter to call
this new timing code.

Jeremy
http://xirr.com/~jeremy_a

RE: [Fwd: Re: License for timing library]

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Jeremy,

You may need a software grant form to be completed and sent to the ASF for
this code. I've attached one for your info. I've asked the Jakarta PMC if
this is required for this code. I'll keep you posted.

Conor