Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com> on 2012/12/14 11:48:26 UTC

Omitting Bottom table border on page-break

Hello,

I have the following requirement for my xsl:fo :

"When a table is continued on more than one page.. The closing rule is
omitted at the foot of a
continued table; the opening rule is continued at the head of the continued
portion along
with the heading title data."

Using xslt I could omit the bottom border if and only if I knew where the
page-break was going to occur. This could be problematic and could be a lot
of work for the xml author. Especially if the xml file is modified. That
could change the location of where the page breaks. Is there a way to do
this in xsl-fo, to know if the page is going to break? If not, any ideas on
how to do this automatically?

Thx

Re: Omitting Bottom table border on page-break

Posted by Bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Chris and sorry for the delay. I will give it a try.

Re: Omitting Bottom table border on page-break

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

On 17/12/2012 11:44, Bonekrusher wrote:
> Thank you Chris, but unfortunately this is the opposite of what I want to
> accomplish (if I understand your post). In this case I want the bottom
> border to be absent except on the last page.

With border-bottom-width.conditionality="discard" that is exactly the
behaviour you get; absent on all pages except the last.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.