Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Herbert Fischer <he...@crossengage.io> on 2015/11/05 20:22:28 UTC

cassandra-stress and "op rate"

Hi,

I'm doing some hardware benchmarks for Cassandra and trying to figure out
what is the best setup with the hardware options I have.

I'm testing a single-node Cassandra with three different setups:

- 1 HDD for commit log and 6 HDDs for data logs
- 1 HDD for commit log and 1 HDDs for data logs
- 1 HDD for commit log and data logs

The load generator is more powerful in terms of CPU than the Cassandra
server, so I'm able to saturate the server's CPU with just one load
generator.

So far I got really unexpected results. I got higher "op rate" for the
setup with less HDDs, and even worse, with the setup with just one HDD.

So my question is, what does it mean the "op rate" in the Results of
cassandra-stress tool?

Thanks in advance!

--
Herbert Fischer