Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Thanh Ha <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/13 18:18:23 UTC

nodetool repair requirement

Hi All,

Do I have to do maintenance "nodetool repair" on CFs that do not have
deletions?

I only perform deletes on two column families in my cluster.

Thanks

Re: nodetool repair requirement

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Personally I would.

Repair is *the* was to ensure data is fully distributed. Hinted Hand Off and Read Repair are considered optimisations designed to reduce the chance of an inconsistency during a read.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton