Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Oskar Zinger <os...@micromuse.com> on 2001/05/18 21:01:24 UTC

errors

Hey, guys,
I am new to tomcat... using Tomcat v4.0-b3/b5.

I am trying to include other jsps output in one main jsp and getting an
IllegalStateException: with error message:

"Cannot forward after response has been committed."

This is what I am doing:

<% for(int i = 0; i < typeNames.length; i++) {
        url = "my url is constructed here"; %>
        <jsp:include page="<%=url%>" flush="true">  // if I set the
flush to false I see the first iterated page of the servlet that I am
including, if I am setting it to true then I get exception right on the
first iteration of the loop.
 <% } %>

I am writing JSPs then I am compiling them into servlets by using
jspc.sh script that uses JspC.java in jasper's package.  So when I go
into the browser I am accessing not JSPs but converted jsps to Servlets
which were generated by this script. (jspc.sh).

I have tried many different things already, setting isThreadSafe to
FALSE, setting buffer to a very big size, setting autoFlush to TRUE and
FALSE, nothing seems to work.

Has anyone ever encountered such problems?

Thanks for your help,
Oskar