Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Marc Philipp <mp...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/17 14:19:26 UTC

JUnit 5 Support

Hi all,

I’m a member of the JUnit team. We’re currently working on a major new version: JUnit 5. It will require work by IDEs to support test execution and reporting within the IDE. IntelliJ IDEA and Eclipse (on a branch) already support the new JUnit Platform and the new Jupiter API to write tests.

Are there any plans to add JUnit 5 support to Netbeans? If so, how can we help?

Thanks,
Marc

Re: JUnit 5 Support

Posted by Gonzalo Ortiz Jaureguizar <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marc,

I'm using JUnit 5 on Netbeans, but with Maven and the JUnit 4 backport. It
works, but there are some issues with that. It would be great to have
propper support for JUnit 5.

Re: JUnit 5 Support

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
After a conversation with Geertjan at NetBeans Day UK earlier today, I have
migrated these requirements into a more formal document:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Feature+Request+-+JUnit+5+Outline

Please feel free to add requirements to this and we can start working on
introducing this to NetBeans 9, maybe with some features even making a
NetBeans 9.0 release :)

Regards

John

Re: JUnit 5 Support