Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/05/03 15:15:00 UTC

[Framework/Excalibur] Code Freeze Plans

I have the sufficient votes for a code freeze tomorrow (May 4),
however in light of the issue with LogKit and the fact that
Peter said he would do the migration with some feature
enhancements on Saturday (May 5), I suggest we postpone
official Code Freeze until he is done with the migration.

(How is that for a run-on sentence? ;P)

That change only affects two classes in Avalon Framework
and possibly some in Excalibur (and at least one in
scratchpad).

If all goes well, we will be in Code Freeze on Monday
May 7.  At that point only bug fixes get committed (and
post release issues).  Nothing else should sneak in between
May 7 and May 11 (not even documentation since that is
focused for the next beta).

Honestly, I think we have a solid code base already.  I
doubt there will be any commits to Framework/Excalibur
during that time--but I still want the buffer just in case.

Re: [Framework/Excalibur] Code Freeze Plans

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 09:15  3/5/01 -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>I have the sufficient votes for a code freeze tomorrow (May 4),
>however in light of the issue with LogKit and the fact that
>Peter said he would do the migration with some feature
>enhancements on Saturday (May 5), I suggest we postpone
>official Code Freeze until he is done with the migration.
>
>(How is that for a run-on sentence? ;P)
>
>That change only affects two classes in Avalon Framework
>and possibly some in Excalibur (and at least one in
>scratchpad).
>
>If all goes well, we will be in Code Freeze on Monday
>May 7.  At that point only bug fixes get committed (and
>post release issues).  Nothing else should sneak in between
>May 7 and May 11 (not even documentation since that is
>focused for the next beta).
>
>Honestly, I think we have a solid code base already.  I
>doubt there will be any commits to Framework/Excalibur
>during that time--but I still want the buffer just in case.

+1

Cheers,

Pete