Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Martin Samm <Ma...@asg.com> on 2004/08/10 15:58:35 UTC

ISA and Proxies

I've just started using Axis and it's all been going okay until
accessing an external web service from the client test program in the
user guide. I've seen the posts relating to setting the various proxy
properties (as we are sat behind a proxy) and have included:

      System.getProperties().put( "proxySet", "true" );

      System.getProperties().put( "http.proxyHost", "MY.PROXY.URL " );

      System.getProperties().put( "http.proxyPort", "80" );

      System.getProperties().put( "http.proxyUser", "USER" );

      System.getProperties().put( "http.proxyPassword", "PASSWORD" );

Yet the sample code still fails (stack trace below), which is odd as
I've used the above in other http/net related code before with no
problems (and I've just retested one such piece of code to be sure).
This code that works uses the 'standard' java.net.URL and and
HttpURLConnection classes to read the HTML for a website with no
problems. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Martin Samm

STACK TRACE:::

(407)Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires
authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is
denied.  )

        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.j

ava:630)

        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:128)

        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrateg

y.java:71)

        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)

        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:180)

        at TestWSClient.main(TestWSClient.java:44)