Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2000/03/21 22:53:08 UTC

more data on multiple taglib XSP bug

So I tracked down what I think is causing my bug in mixing text and tags
from multiple taglibs. The problem seems to be in the get-nested-content
template that Ricardo wrote for taglib authors to use:

  <xsl:template name="get-nested-content">
    <xsl:param name="content"/>
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="$content/*">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="$content/*"/>
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>"<xsl:value-of select="$content"/>"</xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:template>

when that's called on something like this:

<sql:query>
 select * from foo_table where id = <request:get-parameter name="id"/>
</sql:query>

since $content has element children as _well_ as text children, the text
children are completely ignored. That doesn't seem to be the behavior that
one would want. My attempts so far to work around this problem have been
mostly futile. My questions are:

1. Has anyone else been bothered by this problem? Is anyone else even
using XSP? Can anyone suggest a fix?

2. Should I just say scratch this XSP stuff and do it all using filters in
cocoon2 instead?

- donald

Re: more data on multiple taglib XSP bug

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Sebastien Sahuc wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote :
>
> > 2. Should I just say scratch this XSP stuff and do it all using
> filters
> > in
> > cocoon2 instead?
>
> BTW, can we expect an XSP engine for the cocoon2 soon ? I think I now
> madly need it ! :-)

I don't know how much soon...
I want to fix the bugs in the code that you guys found (inverse filter
processing, matching algorithms, <matcher> feature missing...)...
And start with dynamic generators compilation right after that...

	Pier
<ma...@betaversion.org>      <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

Re: more data on multiple taglib XSP bug

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Sebastien Sahuc wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote :
>
> > 2. Should I just say scratch this XSP stuff and do it all using
> filters
> > in
> > cocoon2 instead?
>
> BTW, can we expect an XSP engine for the cocoon2 soon ? I think I now
> madly need it ! :-)

Stefano says yes, but Ricardo doesn't have the most reliable internet
access in the world right now :(

Posted by Sebastien Sahuc <ss...@imediation.com>.
Donald Ball wrote :

> 2. Should I just say scratch this XSP stuff and do it all using
filters
> in
> cocoon2 instead?

BTW, can we expect an XSP engine for the cocoon2 soon ? I think I now
madly need it ! :-)

Sebastien