Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by 田原 <ti...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> on 2020/04/24 01:31:39 UTC

Add alter Syntax for tag management

Hi,

Currently, we only support adding tag and attribute for one time series while creating it. We can't update it, drop it or add a new tag/attribute.
So, I want to add the alter syntax to improve the functionality of the tag management.

I plan to support the following five alter syntax:

alter timeseries root.turbine.d1.s1 rename tag1 to newTag1
alter timeseries root.turbine.d1.s1 set tag1=newV1
alter timeseries root.turbine.d1.s1 drop tag1
alter timeseries root.turbine.d1.s1 add TAG tag3=v3
alter timeseries root.turbine.d1.s1 add ATTRIBUTE tag3=v3

The first one is used to change a tag/attribute key name.
The second one is used to change an existing tag/attribute's value, it will throw exception if the tag/attribute doesn't exist.
The third one is used to drop an existing tag/attribute if it exists.
The Fourth one is used to add a new tag, if it has existed, it will throw exception.
The fifth one is used to add a new attribute, if it has existed, it will throw exception.

Re: Add alter Syntax for tag management

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Good feature.

> alter timeseries root.turbine.d1.s1 set tag1=newV1
> alter timeseries root.turbine.d1.s1 drop tag1
> alter timeseries root.turbine.d1.s1 add TAG tag3=v3
> alter timeseries root.turbine.d1.s1 add ATTRIBUTE tag3=v3

In these four statements, only one tag can be involved for each statement?

I mean, how about "alter ...... drop tag1, tag2..."

Best,
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东