Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Jonathan Smith <sm...@hotmail.com> on 2006/11/01 18:02:46 UTC

New to shale and jsf

Hi I am new to shale and JSFI was wondering if there was a shale example in
which a list get iterated through and displayed. like a list of employees or
items in a store, something like that. Or if there is a JSF or shale
component that can display a list or objects. Like if you have a list of
employee objects and each employee has a name, and personel info. any help
or examples are warmly welcome.

Re: Question about prerenderer?

Posted by Jonathan Smith <sm...@hotmail.com>.
here is the page

<%@ taglib prefix="f" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"%>
<%@ taglib prefix="h" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"%>
						<h3>
							Debug
						</h3>

	<h:dataTable  value="#{mvportal.contacts}" var="contact"
rowClasses="odd,even" cellspacing="0" >
		<h:column>

			<f:facet name="header">
				<h:outputText value="Name" />
			</f:facet>
			<h:outputText  id="displayName" value="#{contact.displayName}"  />
		</h:column>

		<h:column>
			<f:facet name="header">
				<h:outputText value="Office" />
			</f:facet>
			<h:outputText id="OfficeName" value="#{contact.office.name}" />
		</h:column>
		<h:column>
			<f:facet name="header">
				<h:outputText value="EXT" />
			</f:facet>
			<h:outputText id="extensio" value="#{contact.extension}"/>
		</h:column>
		<h:column>
			<f:facet name="header">
				<h:outputText value="Email" />
			</f:facet>
			<h:outputText id="email" value="#{contact.email}" />
		</h:column>
		<h:column>
			<f:facet name="header">
				<h:outputText value="IM" />
			</f:facet>
			<h:outputText id="im" value="#{contact.imUsername}"/>
		</h:column>
	</h:dataTable>

when it is rendered the data table is above the div and the h3 is inside the
div.

>From: "Craig McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>
>To: user@shale.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Question about prerenderer?
>Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 12:48:48 -0800
>
>On 11/1/06, Jonathan Smith <sm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>I am having trouble where everytime i put something that is set by the
>>prerender inside of a <div> it always renders outside the <div>. How do
>>you
>>get something that is set by a prerender such as a timestamp or a
>>datatable
>>that uses a prerendered list to render in the <div>?
>

>What exactly does your JSP source page look like?  If you're using JSF
>1.1(very likely), then you are probably running into the fact that
>there are
>some interoperability issues trying to mix components and template text.
>Seeing what your page looks like will make it possible to offer some
>specific suggestions.
>
>Craig

>>Get today's hot entertainment gossip
>>http://movies.msn.com/movies/hotgossip?icid=T002MSN03A07001

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC.  Get a free 90-day trial!
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000002msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail

Re: Question about prerenderer?

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: New to shale and jsf

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Jonathan-

the Shale framework is more an extension of JSF. JSF++ I'd like to call it :)

The best is the ViewController, check the use case for that. Also
sweet is the remoting, the tiger and the testing-support. Dialog is
also in there. Enable you to do *wizards* based on a xml conf.

(these things I used; I can't speak about Clay for instance)

One last thing. even you don't need ajax(shale remoting), dialogs,
tests or Java5 annot@itions or test. but you really want
ViewController ;)

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: New to shale and jsf

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 11/1/06, Jonathan Smith <sm...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi I am new to shale and JSFI was wondering if there was a shale example
> in
> which a list get iterated through and displayed. like a list of employees
> or
> items in a store, something like that. Or if there is a JSF or shale
> component that can display a list or objects. Like if you have a list of
> employee objects and each employee has a name, and personel info. any help
> or examples are warmly welcome.

The most likely suspect component :-) for you is the Data Table component
(<h:dataTable> if you are using JSP).  You can see this used, among other
places, in the"shale-mailreader"  example apps ... on the
registration.jsppage, the set of subscriptions for a logged in user is
listed in such at
table.

Version 1.0.3 is available at http://people.apache.org/dist/shale/v1.0.3/ or
you can grab the latest nightly builds (
http://people.apache.org/builds/shale/nightly/).

Craig

SV: New to shale and jsf

Posted by Hermod Opstvedt <he...@opstvedt.com>.
Hi

Take a look at the tomahawk datalist component:
http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/dataList.html

or the extended datatable:
http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/extDataTable.html

Hermod