Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> on 2003/01/15 09:14:07 UTC

Refactoring of Excalibur XMLUtil

Hi Carsten

I'm currently trying to make XML-Forrest compile again after updating
Cocoon from CVS. The reason was the patch for bug #13247.

You've split up the Parser interface in two, one in the sax subpackage
and one in the dom subpackage. My personal opinion would have been to
rename the interfaces to SAXParser and DOMParser to avoid having to use
fully qualified classnames because of the same name.

Also, wouldn't it make sense to move the default implementations to a
separate package? They are now in the sax subpackage and reference the
dom package. I would seem clearer to me to move them to perhaps
org.apache.excalibur.xml.impl.

What do you think?

Jeremias Maerki
FOP committer