Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/15 22:21:17 UTC

[VOTE] Release ServiceMix 4.4.0 (take 2)

L.S.,

I've uploaded a release for ServiceMix 4.4.0 to
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-348

An overview of issues fixed in this release can be found in JIRA at
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4/fixforversion/12315742

The scm tag is available on

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/features/tags/features-4.4.0/

As part of this release build, we also built new releases of utils,
components, servicemix 3, nmr and archetypes.

servicemix-utils 1.5.0
   * JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SM/fixforversion/12316098
   * Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/utils/tags/servicemix-utils-1.5.0/
   * Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-329/

components 2011.02
   * JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMXCOMP/fixforversion/12316111
    * Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/components/tags/components-2011.02/
   * Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-330/

ServiceMix 3.4.0
   * JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SM/fixforversion/12315718
   * Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx3/tags/servicemix-3.4.0/
   * Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-332/

NMR 1.5.0
   * JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4NMR/fixforversion/12316157
   * Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/nmr/tags/nmr-parent-1.5.0/
   * Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-337/

Archetypes 2011.02
   * JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SM/fixforversion/12317842
   * Tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/archetypes/tags/archetypes-2011.02/
   * Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-342/

Please vote to approve these releases:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

Given the size of this release, this vote will be open for 96 hours.

Thanks for reviewing and voting,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 4.4.0 (take 2)

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

I'm canceling this vote and will prepare new release builds for components,
servicemix 3 and features.
@Jean-Baptiste - thanks for volunteering to handle the bundles release in
the meanwhile!

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>wrote:

> Bundle release is separate from the main SMX release.
>
> I have others bundles to add, I will cut off a new SMX bundles release
> including yours.
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 12/16/2011 10:01 AM, Charles Moulliard wrote:
>
>> I have added 2 new bundles -->  SMX4-1014 and SMX4-1015. Can you add it
>> for the next build please ?
>>

>> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Gert Vanthienen
>> <ge...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> L.S.,
>>>

>>> If we have to cut a new release for ServiceMix 4.4.0 anyway and have to
>>> restart a new vote, we might as well redo those few other bits as well -
>>> reading through the mails, it looks like there's at least one user
>>> waiting
>>> for that fix so I think we should just do the bit of extra work involved

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This issue was resolved, tracked by SMX4-1016[1].
Seems we need cut a new release for SMX4.4.

Also, per the discussion[2] today, I fixed the wrong embedded wss4j
lib issue in servicemix-cxf-bc-installer.zip, to pick up it  we have
to re-cut components and servicemix3.4 also.
NOTES, this issue only affect SMX3.4(it's ok when use servicemix-cxf-
bc.jar in SMX4.4 as we refer wss4j.jar from cxf features.xml), so I'm
not so sure it's a show stopper, as JBI is kind of deprecated and
we suggest users try with SMX4.x for a long time and almost all our
endeavor focus on SMX4.x, anyway community will make this decision.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1016
[2]http://servicemix.396122.n5.nabble.com/Re-CXF-TLS-configuration-td5073601.html

Best Regards
Freeman

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
Perfect!

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
These were from a clean build no modifications whatsoever actually,
tried with both the full and the regular distro.

Will try again in the AM, as well as wiping my maven repos.

/je

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Johan,

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
[...]

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)