Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Andreas Mock <an...@drumedar.de> on 2022/09/06 14:41:04 UTC

Hints needed for finding reasons of oom only on follower

Hi all,

I want to ask whether someone could give me a hint or pointer for
investigating a problem I have with solr version 8.11.2 but only
on a follower instance.

1) I don't use the the cluster version.
2) I have one instance which is configured as leader, so that
follower can pull core data and config files.
3) I have one follower which pulls core data.
4) Both instances defined with 2GB of Java-Heap.
5) Leader works flawless for many days.
6) BUT: Follower consumes more and more heap memory until
it is exhausted after aprox. 4 days.
7) Leader and Follower are queried evenly.

I searched the net, but I couldn't find any hint for the phenomena.
So, experiences or pointers for solving this problem very welcome.

Best regards
Andreas