Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/20 07:41:50 UTC

[Axis2] Guththila Pull Parser Internal States]

Hi Dinesh,

   Could you please provide some details on the states S_0 to S_4 used
interanally by the parser implementation.
   I would like some details on them as I am trying to implement the
SPACE event handling.
   The OM builder works without SPACE event, but it is better to handle
the SPACEs.
Thanks,
Samisa...

Re: [Axis2] Guththila Pull Parser Internal States]

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> Cool, many thanks for the quick response.
> Can we please rename S_0,..., S_4 to some sensible names please.

+1 for renaming..

Those states are defined in states enumeration.
(guththila_xml_pull_parser.h)

e.g.
> S_0 with ERROR_STATE etc.
> Looking at the diagram, may I suggest few names:
> S_0 --> GUTHTHILA_ERROR_STATE
> S_1 --> GUTHTHILA_START_STATE
> S_2 --> GUTHTHILA_WITHIN_TAG_STATE
> S_3 --> GUTHTHILA_AFTER_START_TAG_STATE
> S_4 --> GUTHTHILA_AFTER_END_TAG_STATE
>
> These are based on my understanding, which is not very comprehensive ;).
> Please review and suggest better ones

The names that you propose are seems to be Ok ( names are reasonable for the
states.)

+1 for the new states

thanks,
Dinesh

Then I could update the code

--
W.Dinesh Premalal
premalwd@cse.mrt.ac.lk

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Dinesh Premalal wrote:

> Hi,
>

>        Could you please provide some details on the states S_0 to S_4
>     used
>     interanally by the parser implementation.
>

> S_0,  S_1,  ... S_4  internal states  of the  state machine  in
> Guththila. Normally S_0 state occures at the error. Or unexpected point.
>
> please see this
>
> http://www.cse.mrt.ac.lk/~premalwd/Projects/docs/state.png
> <http://www.cse.mrt.ac.lk/%7Epremalwd/Projects/docs/state.png>

Cool, many thanks for the quick response.
Can we please rename S_0,..., S_4 to some sensible names please. e.g.
S_0 with ERROR_STATE etc.
Looking at the diagram, may I suggest few names:
S_0 --> GUTHTHILA_ERROR_STATE
S_1 --> GUTHTHILA_START_STATE
S_2 --> GUTHTHILA_WITHIN_TAG_STATE
S_3 --> GUTHTHILA_AFTER_START_TAG_STATE
S_4 --> GUTHTHILA_AFTER_END_TAG_STATE

These are based on my understanding, which is not very comprehensive ;).
Please review and suggest better ones. Then I could update the code
accordingly.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.