Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Fintan Bolton <fb...@progress.com> on 2009/06/25 15:53:30 UTC

Contributing to Camel Component documentation

Hi,

I'd like to contribute documentation for the Camel components and so, I
guess I need an account on the Camel Wiki. This post is a request for such
an account.

What I want to do, in fact, is to pull content directly from the Camel Wiki
and use this as the basis for writing the FUSE Mediation Router Component
Reference. Therefore it makes sense for me to contribute material directly
to the Camel Wiki.

My intention is to tidy up the layout, do a bit of copy editing, re-ordering
sections, and so on. I promise not to mess up any content written by expert
contributors!  But if there are any obvious gaps in the component
documentation, I might my hand at contributing material myself (since an
inexpert contribution is probably better than nothing at all, assuming I
don't make a complete shambles of it :-).

Cheers,
Fintan

Re: Contributing to Camel Component documentation

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Yeah cool you would like to help Fintan.

Just ask questions when something is unclear or if you want to have us help
with some review. Or if some feature/option etc. is missing to be
documented.
Camel have exceptionally many minor features and options here and there and
some of them are not to well documented.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Contributing to Camel Component documentation

Posted by Fintan Bolton <fb...@progress.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for granting the editing rights! I'll start looking at some of the
component docs next week, though it looks like Claus has already made some
big improvements there in recent days.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Hey, that was my responsibility! :)
I have verified the presence of the cla.
Thanks for helping Jon.
And many thanks to you Fintan for the contribution.
Hadrian

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Fintan Bolton <fb...@progress.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to contribute documentation for the Camel components and so, I
> guess I need an account on the Camel Wiki. This post is a request for such
> an account.
>
> What I want to do, in fact, is to pull content directly from the Camel Wiki
> and use this as the basis for writing the FUSE Mediation Router Component
> Reference. Therefore it makes sense for me to contribute material directly
> to the Camel Wiki.
>
> My intention is to tidy up the layout, do a bit of copy editing,
> re-ordering
> sections, and so on. I promise not to mess up any content written by expert
> contributors!  But if there are any obvious gaps in the component
> documentation, I might my hand at contributing material myself (since an
> inexpert contribution is probably better than nothing at all, assuming I
> don't make a complete shambles of it :-).
>
> Cheers,
> Fintan

Cheers,
Jon