Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Coret Bob <b....@pinkroccade.com> on 2004/10/15 11:17:07 UTC

HTTPS and java version

Hi all,

Just solved a problem regarding HTTPS performance testing, I'd like to share this with you all.

When we performed the test (which we recorded on http) on the https version of our application we got (with 1 thread) response times in the range from 5 to 6 seconds (and no errors in the log file). We knew this was not correct, because browsing the site (with HTTPwatch installed to see responsetimes of all requests) gave times in the range from 0.05 to 0.07. When the same script was executed on another PC the response times were OK. The difference between the PC's (other then W2K & XP) were the JVM versions. The "slow" PC (which in fact was a faster PC) has Java version 1.4.0 installed, the other PC had 1.4.2 (_05-b04)... When installing the latest Java version on the "slow" machine the response times were as expected!

The Getting Started page (http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html) 2.1.1 Java Version does mention 1.4.1 ("buggy"), but not 1.4.0.

Regards,
Bob Coret