Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by cj...@pg.ebx.com on 2002/03/11 02:24:45 UTC

xercesimpl.jar file size different in Xalan 2.3.1 & Xerces 2.0.1 --- which to use?

The xercesimpl.jar file size in Apache Xalan 2.3.1 and Apache Xerces 2.0.1
is different.
Well... in my case, my application require all feature from Apache Xerces &
Apache Xalan,
Which xercesimpl.jar (from xerces 2.0.1 or xalan 2.3.1) should i include
while running my application?
Thanks in advance.

Choo Jun Tan

Tel: (604) 890-8143    Ext: 155
Direct Line: (604) 8934155
Fax: (604) 890-1771
E-Mail: cjtan@pg.ebx.com
Visit us at www.ebx.com

Re: xercesimpl.jar file size different in Xalan 2.3.1 & Xerces 2.0.1--- whichto use?

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
"Isaac S." wrote:
> ... so in some cases, we won't be able to use the newest Xalan and the
> newset Xerces both in the same project?

If Xalan continues to rely on Xerces-only API for performance
reasons *and* those interfaces change, then you *might* have
problems using the latest Xerces with a version of Xalan that
was built with a specific version of Xerces. I can't be any
more vague than that. ;)

Try it and see how it works. If you get class not defined
or other byte-code related exceptions when running your app,
then the two versions are not compatible.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org

Re: xercesimpl.jar file size different in Xalan 2.3.1 & Xerces 2.0.1 --- whichto use?

Posted by "Isaac S." <is...@netvision.net.il>.
... so in some cases, we won't be able to use the newest Xalan and the
newset Xerces both in the same project?

    - Isaac

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.