Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net> on 2000/10/24 06:03:47 UTC

Re: SecureSoap Bug? IMHO it is a J2EE Server bug.

I did two versions (AutoEnableSSL and EnableSSL to allow the addition of the HTTP1.1 String for supporting keep-alives (by the former). The  EnableSSL() call does not do that and IMHO your client code should work with it. In the upcoming version I would like to force EnableSSL automatically but I can
not do it because a new URL for https can not be created without doing EnableSSL 1st. This is not really a SecureSoap but J2EE application server bug (-: I have plenty of my own). ALL Web servers should accept the HTTP 1.1 string, that is supposed to be the standard (-: Apache and the latest Tomcat
V3.2B1+ seem to behave correctly. iPlanet (Sun/Netscape alliance) and some WebLogic (BEA) servers also do not seem to support the HTTP standard correctly. (-: Has anyone tried it on Websphare (IBM), please?
Sorry - George