Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1995/08/28 14:15:19 UTC

Re: NCSA 1.5 --- a first look

> Would it make sense to take this discussion off-line; and move it 'on-line'
> again in a seperate forum ?! I really think this is important. Set up a side
> track ?
>
> Dw.

While this discussion may not be relavent to the latest release, I
find it very much a part of why Apache was started. I would like
to keep it online or stay tuned to it's new channel.

Re: NCSA 1.5 --- a first look

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Mon, 28 Aug 1995, Randy Terbush wrote:
> > Would it make sense to take this discussion off-line; and move it 'on-line'
> > again in a seperate forum ?! I really think this is important. Set up a side
> > track ?
>
> While this discussion may not be relavent to the latest release, I
> find it very much a part of why Apache was started. I would like
> to keep it online or stay tuned to it's new channel.

I think I'm going to take it to www-talk to stir up discussion there -
metadata is usually regarded as a URC issue, but the URC workgroup is nowhere
near being able to talk about specific syntaxes, still debating about whether
the syntax should be an SGML derivative and how the resolution process
occurs.  They see URC's primary function to be a URN->URL translation
mechanism, when it can be so much more... anyways, I'll throw a comment
to www-talk and see who bites.  Maybe a separate mlist would be in order.

	Brian