Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Henri Delebecque <He...@supelec.fr> on 2001/07/04 10:56:51 UTC

servlets outside the webapps directory with mod_webapp ?

Hello,
I have the following configuration:
Tomcat 4.0 b5
Apache 1.3.19
mod_webapp

I try to reach servlets located outside the webapps directory,
not directly with Tomcat, but using Apache.
I have read the jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/appdev/deployment.html
page.

I try to define a Context, like I made previously with
the mod_jk connecting module, in the server.xml file, in
the Apache-Connector Service part of it, as it is said in the html page
mentioned above. But this page says that I should include the Context
clause after the last one of the file. This file doesn't have any Context
clause in the Apache-Connector Service section...
 I have included this line, as a child of the <Engine...> element:
<Context path="kekhia" docBase="/usr/users/webmaste/kekhia"... />
Unfortunately, Tomcat refuses this declaration, even if I include it
in a <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"...>.. </Host> section, like
it is done in the Tomcat-Standalone Service description. In both
case, the error message is the same:

"ERROR reading bin/../conf/server.xml
At Line 330 /Server/Service/Engine/Host/
Catalina.start: InvocationTargetException
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Child is not a WarpHost"

Thanks a lot for any help

| Henri Delebecque                        delebecq@supelec.fr |
| Webmaster                                                   |
| Supelec                          Tel (33)  01.69.85.14.91   |
| 3 rue Joliot-Curie                                          |
| Plateau de Moulon                 Fax:(33) 01.69.85.12.34   |
| 91190 Gif sur Yvette                                        |
| FRANCE                                                      |