Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2007/03/01 00:34:44 UTC

[ANN] Apache Tomcat 6.0.10 released

The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
Tomcat 6.0.10 stable. This release is the first stable release of the
6.0.x branch.

Apache Tomcat 6.0 includes new features over Apache Tomcat 5.5,
including support for the new Servlet 2.5 and JSP 2.1 specifications, a
refactored clustering implementation, advanced IO features, and
improvements in memory usage.

Please refer to the change log for the list of changes:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/changelog.html

Downloads:
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi

Migration guide from Apache Tomcat 5.5.x:
http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

Thank you,

-- The Apache Tomcat Team

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 6.0.10 released

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Tomcat 6.0.10 stable libraries, mavenized, can be found at:
http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/m2-repository/

Filip

Posted by "William L. Thomson Jr." <wl...@gentoo.org>.
Great job all, been waiting so long for this, about wet my pants :)

But really my way of saying thanks is by making Tomcat 6.0.10 (release)
available on Gentoo. Ebuild was just committed to tree, should hit
mirrors and be available for sync ~4hrs or so.

So long as no major bugs are filed, will be stable on Gentoo in ruffly
30 days. It's been pretty solid so far, so likely any bugs would be
Gentoo specific, and likely my fault :)

Otherwise thanks again and congrats.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 6.0.10 released

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Posted by Scott Johnson <sc...@us.ibm.com>.
Congrats to you all!  This is the first release of Tomcat that I've
closely followed from the beginning - both in the dev list and by building
it locally and running it and testing certain areas - and I'm very
impressed by your teamwork and professionalism.

-Scott

Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>
02/28/2007 06:34 PM
Please respond to