Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jan Nielsen <jn...@sct.com> on 2004/02/05 20:34:34 UTC

Generating a PDF

Newbie question...how do I generate a PDF from an xdoc which is not part
of my "site" documentation, i.e., neither part of navigation.xml nor
referenced from navigation.xml?

I would like to generate a document similar in form to the output of the
"maven pdf" goal (which generates a PDF of all the xdoc documentation in
my "xdocs" directory) except the content of my PDF should be restricted
to the content of a single xdoc file. I could define a completely new
project for just this document, but that seems a little silly...there
must be a better way, right? Can I create my own goal in my maven.xml
file and invoke the pdf goal in some clever way to produce the document?

Thanks,

Jan

Re: Generating a PDF

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
If you use the cvs version of pdf plugin, you can do it. But not for
previous versions.

You must redefine maven.pdf.navigationFile property with a new navigation
file (like navigation-pdf.xml) that you put in your wdoc directory.
With this mechanism, you can structure your summary as you want.

I'll release pdf plugin today.

Emmanuel