Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Shrotriya, Sumit" <Su...@westgroup.com> on 2003/01/09 18:34:40 UTC

Using Axis and Servlets..any Ideas !!

Hi All,

   I am trying to run my application which is a servlet and uses Axis in
Tomcat4.1.18. Now the way I want to configure the Tomcat set up is
something like this
   /webapps/axis
                 /MyApp
  Thus neither axis nor my application are consuming each other.

  The data flow would be something like this
Client--->MyApp--->Axis--->MyAppService--->Axis--->Client

  Please dont advise me otherwise...I know the glitches of this
approach...its a requirement...

  Problems faced so far
   a) Need to duplicate the code and the jar files both of my application
and axis in the common/lib dir. I think cos Axis and MyApp cant talk
shoulder to shoulder.
   b) Tomcat4.1.18 has a common-logging-api.jar file which clashes with the
common-logging.jar file from axis.(As the have some files common)

 If someone has implemented their system in this fashion, please do let me
know. All your ideas and feedback are welcome..

Thank You,
~Sumit