Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jeffery Yuan <yu...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/20 20:54:13 UTC

Is it possible to support context filtering for FuzzyLookupFactory?

FuzzyLookupFactory is great as it can still find matches even if users
mis-spell.

context filtering is also great, as we can only show suggestions based on
user's languages, doc types etc

But its a pity that (seems) FuzzyLookupFactory and context filtering don't
work together.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Suggester
Context filtering lets you filter suggestions by a separate context field,
such as category, department or any other token. The
AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory and BlendedInfixLookupFactory currently support
this feature, when backed by DocumentDictionaryFactory.

Re: Is it possible to support context filtering for FuzzyLookupFactory?

Posted by Georg Sorst <ge...@gmail.com>.
That would indeed be great! Does anyone know if there is a specific reason
for this or has it just not been implemented?