Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Davide Romanini <d....@cineca.it> on 2005/07/27 15:37:59 UTC

Namespace problems

Hi,

I've a problem with a web service written for Axis and consumed by .NET
client. I configured it with style=wrapped use=literal. The problem is
with the answer.

The .NET client expects:

<SearchResponse xmlns="http://my.ns.com">
 <SearchResult xmlns="http://my.ns.com/types">
 [ . . . ]
 </SearchResult>
</SearchResponse>

Axis sends:

<SearchResponse xmlns="">
 <SearchResult>
 [ . . . ]
 </SearchResult>
</SearchResponse>

I didn't find much documentation for this, didn't understand the
difference between <namespace> parameter and the wsdlTargetNamespace. I
found a way to specify the ns for SearchResult, but it creates tags like
<ns1:SearchResult xmlns:ns1="http://my.ns.com/types"> but all its childs
must go also in the same ns.

Please help,

Bye,
Davide Romanini

Re: Namespace problems

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
How did you build this service?
- Java first? Using JWS or WSDD?
- WSDL first?

Can you share with us your WSDD and WSDL files?

Anne