Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mario Guzzi <gu...@tin.it> on 2000/11/20 19:14:32 UTC

Problems while trying to output a string value as if it were an Xml fragments!

Hi.

I'm using Cocoon 1.8 on WINNT 4.0 and Tomcat 3.1.

I have this problem. I've made an XSP page, which does some elaboration. At some point it gets a string containing some data structured in Xml.

The page code is a kind of:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>

<?xml-logicsheet href="logica.xsl"?>

<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>

<?xml-stylesheet href="styling.xsl"?>

<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>

<?xml-stylesheet href="fogliodistile.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

<xsp:page

language="java"

xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core">

<page>

<xsp:logic>

<!-- I know the following syntax is not correct, but it's just to give an idea of what I mean-->

</xsp:logic>

<xsp:expr>

str

</xsp:expr>

</page>

</xsp:page>

Actually, a part from the wrong syntax, the correct version of this page doesn't work the way I need. It just displays the value as a simple string, without giving me the possibility to apply a stylesheet to it.

I need to output the string value as if it were an Xml fragment. So the XSP page would output

something like the following Xml fragment:

<doc>

<elem>

Hello

</elem>

</doc>

I hope you can give me your help. Thank you so much. Regards.

Mario Guzzi.

Re: Problems while trying to output a string value as if it were an Xml fragments!

Posted by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Mario Guzzi wrote:

Short of using the xspParser to parse it and append it to the current
node, I really don't know.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring