Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/30 18:01:42 UTC

Error filterStart -- how to know what caused tomcat start failure?

Hello, I am in the process of learning Wicket and testing different things. One of the biggest problems so far is that when starting Tomcat, I often get the following error message:

SEVERE: Error filterStart

AND Tomcat gives no detail what cuased the problem

Any way I can make Tomcat produce more information about the cause of the failure?

Thanks!!!

Re: Error filterStart -- how to know what caused tomcat start failure?

Posted by Mathias Nilsson <wi...@gmail.com>.
I guess this isn't wicket specific. goggle on your error and you may get
information on how to solve this.

Re: Error filterStart -- how to know what caused tomcat start failure?

Posted by Mathias Nilsson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried this with a jetty server?

If you are using maven then this will help you.

http://wicket.apache.org/quickstart.html
http://wicket.apache.org/quickstart.html

are you using windows, mac, linux?