Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/18 15:18:51 UTC

Zookeeper error

I'm upgrading a test 0.x nifi cluster to 1.x using the latest in master as
of today.

I was able to successfully start the 3-node cluster once, but then I
restarted it and get the following error spammed in the nifi-app.log.

I'm not sure where to start debugging this, and I'm puzzled why it would
work once and then start giving me errors on the second restart.  Has
anyone run into this error?

2016-11-18 15:07:18,178 INFO [main] org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server Started
@83426ms
2016-11-18 15:07:18,883 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer
2016-11-18 15:07:18,889 INFO [main]
org.apache.nifi.io.socket.SocketListener Now listening for connections from
nodes on port 9001
2016-11-18 15:07:19,117 INFO [main] o.a.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService
Connecting Node: ip-172-31-33-34.ec2.internal:8443
2016-11-18 15:07:25,781 WARN [main] o.a.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService
There is currently no Cluster Coordinator. This often happens upon restart
of NiFi when running an embedded ZooKeeper. Will register this node to
become the active Cluster Coordinator and will attempt to connect to
cluster again
2016-11-18 15:07:25,782 INFO [main]
o.a.n.c.l.e.CuratorLeaderElectionManager
CuratorLeaderElectionManager[stopped=false] Attempted to register Leader
Election for role 'Cluster Coordinator' but this role is already registered
2016-11-18 15:07:34,685 WARN [main] o.a.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService
There is currently no Cluster Coordinator. This often happens upon restart
of NiFi when running an embedded ZooKeeper. Will register this node to
become the active Cluster Coordinator and will attempt to connect to
cluster again
2016-11-18 15:07:34,685 INFO [main]
o.a.n.c.l.e.CuratorLeaderElectionManager
CuratorLeaderElectionManager[stopped=false] Attempted to register Leader
Election for role 'Cluster Coordinator' but this role is already registered
2016-11-18 15:07:34,696 INFO [Curator-Framework-0]
o.a.c.f.state.ConnectionStateManager State change: SUSPENDED
2016-11-18 15:07:34,698 INFO [Curator-ConnectionStateManager-0]
o.a.n.c.l.e.CuratorLeaderElectionManager
org.apache.nifi.controller.leader.election.CuratorLeaderElectionManager$ElectionListener@671a652a
Connection State changed to SUSPENDED

*2016-11-18 15:07:34,699 ERROR [Curator-Framework-0]
o.a.c.f.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl Background operation retry gave
uporg.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss*
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:99)
~[zookeeper-3.4.6.jar:3.4.6-1569965]
        at
org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.checkBackgroundRetry(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:728)
[curator-framework-2.11.0.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.performBackgroundOperation(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:857)
[curator-framework-2.11.0.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.backgroundOperationsLoop(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:809)
[curator-framework-2.11.0.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.access$300(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:64)
[curator-framework-2.11.0.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl$4.call(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:267)
[curator-framework-2.11.0.jar:na]
[na:1.8.0_111]
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
[na:1.8.0_111]
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
[na:1.8.0_111]
        at
[na:1.8.0_111]
        at
[na:1.8.0_111]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_111]

whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do

Re: Zookeeper error

Posted by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com>.
I think the root cause may have been that my flow.xml.gz files were out of
sync: I had scp'ed the same file to all servers, but apparently something
with the controller service IDs caused them to get out of sync as soon as
they started up.  I'm not sure why that affected zookeeper, but as soon as
I deleted all but one of the flow files, the problem resolved.

Re: Zookeeper error

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Joe,

Re: Zookeeper error