Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Dan Hill <qu...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/08 06:59:18 UTC

Gradually increasing checkpoint size

Hi!

I'm running a backfill Flink stream job over older data.  It has multiple
interval joins.  I noticed my checkpoint is regularly gaining in size.  I'd
expect my checkpoints to stabilize and not grow.

Is there a setting to prune useless data from the checkpoint?  My top guess
is that my checkpoint has a bunch of useless state in it.

- Dan

Re: Gradually increasing checkpoint size

Posted by Dan Hill <qu...@gmail.com>.
I figured it out.  I have some records with the same key and I was doing an
IntervalJoin.  One of the IntervalJoin implementations that I found looks
like it the runtime increases exponentially when there are duplicate keys.
I introduced a de-duping step and it works a lot faster.

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.
Hey Dan,

Re: Re: Gradually increasing checkpoint size

Posted by Dan Hill <qu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yun!

Posted by Dan Hill <qu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yun!