Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Ranjan Banerjee <rb...@wisc.edu> on 2012/04/14 17:49:22 UTC

Task level parameters

Hello,
  I am interested in finding out the task level completion time. Can anyone suggest some flags that need to be monitored which is an indicative of the the tasks being processed by hadoop.

Thanking you

Yours faithfully
Ranjan Banerjee

FSDataOutputStream.close(86) hangs

Posted by Mingxi Wu <Mi...@turn.com>.
Hi,

I use hadoop cloudera 0.20.2-cdh3u0.

I have a program which uploads local files to HDFS every hour.

Basically, I open a gzip input stream by in= new GZIPInputStream(fin);
And write to HDFS file. After less than two days, it will hang. I hangs at FSDataOutputStream.close(86).
Here is the stack:

State: WAITING Running 16660 ms (user 13770 ms) blocked 11276 times for <> ms waiting 11209 times for <> ms
LockName: java.util.LinkedList@f1ca0de LockOwnerId: -1
java.lang.Object.wait(-2)
java.lang.Object.wait(485)
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream.waitForAckedSeqno(3468)
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream.flushInternal(3457)
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream.closeInternal(3549)
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream.close(3488)
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSDataOutputStream$PositionCache.close(61)
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSDataOutputStream.close(86)
org.apache.hadoop.io.IOUtils.copyBytes(59)
org.apache.hadoop.io.IOUtils.copyBytes(74)
com.turn.platform.datahub.mapreduce2.scheduler.DatahubDownloadJob.uploadFiles(171)

Any suggestion to avoid this issue?

Thanks,

Mingxi

RE: Task level parameters

Posted by John Hammond <jo...@hotmail.com>.
mapreduce.tasktracker.outofband.heartbeat

check out http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/mapred-default.html
see if that gives you some ideas.