Posted to commits@openoffice.apache.org by bu...@apache.org on 2012/02/08 08:32:30 UTC

buildbot success in ASF Buildbot on aoo-win7

The Buildbot has finished a build on builder aoo-win7 while building ASF Buildbot.
Full details are available at:
 http://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-win7/builds/35

Buildbot URL: http://ci.apache.org/

Buildslave for this Build: bb-win7

Build Reason: forced: by IRC user <arist> on channel #asftest: uploading install bits
Build Source Stamp: HEAD
Blamelist:

Build succeeded!

sincerely,
 -The Buildbot

Re: Fwd: buildbot success in ASF Buildbot on aoo-win7

Posted by Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com>.

On 2/8/2012 11:00 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 09:48:57AM -0800, Andrew Rist wrote:
>> It is true, we now have a Windows buildbot.  The results of the
>> latest run are posted - here are the relevant links:
>>
>>   * buildbot output - http://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-win7/builds/35
>>   * html log page -
>>     http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/win/log/wntmsci12.pro.build.html
>>   * windows install bits -
>>     http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/win/
>>
>> This would be an opportune time to review the build settings.  Here
>> is what the bb is running - comments and changes requested...
>>
>>     svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk build
>>
>>     svnversion build
>
> this isn't really necessary, the build boot is on Windows, so just build
> it.
I thought so - it was a translation of the Linux build script and that
just got left in.
I'll take it out.

>>     wget -O external/unowinreg/unowinreg.dll
>>     http://tools.openoffice.org/unowinreg_prebuild/680/unowinreg.dl
> ATL and ActiveX should not be disabled.
> This way important features for Windows users (normal users and API
> users) are disabled (OLE embedding and OLE automation).
> Is the build boot building with the Visula Studio 2008 Express Edition?
>
>>     --disable-atl
>>     --disable-activex
>
> AFAIK if you disable ODK, there won't be an SDK built. Windows API users
> may want to try the SDK.
>
>>     --disable-odk
I'll remove these three 'disable' options - and I'll kick off a build.
(this is why those files weren't there when I looked to upload them to
the master ;-)

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Andrew,

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 09:48:57AM -0800, Andrew Rist wrote:
> It is true, we now have a Windows buildbot.  The results of the
> latest run are posted - here are the relevant links:
>
>  * buildbot output - http://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-win7/builds/35
>  * html log page -
>    http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/win/log/wntmsci12.pro.build.html
>  * windows install bits -
>    http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/win/
>
> This would be an opportune time to review the build settings.  Here
> is what the bb is running - comments and changes requested...
>
>    svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk build
>
>    svnversion build

this isn't really necessary, the build boot is on Windows, so just build
it.

>    wget -O external/unowinreg/unowinreg.dll
>    http://tools.openoffice.org/unowinreg_prebuild/680/unowinreg.dl

ATL and ActiveX should not be disabled.
This way important features for Windows users (normal users and API
users) are disabled (OLE embedding and OLE automation).
Is the build boot building with the Visula Studio 2008 Express Edition?

>    --disable-atl
>    --disable-activex

AFAIK if you disable ODK, there won't be an SDK built. Windows API users
may want to try the SDK.

>    --disable-odk

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Fwd: buildbot success in ASF Buildbot on aoo-win7

Posted by Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com>.
It is true, we now have a Windows buildbot.  The results of the latest
run are posted - here are the relevant links:

  * buildbot output - http://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-win7/builds/35
  * html log page -
    http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/win/log/wntmsci12.pro.build.html
  * windows install bits -
    http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/win/

This would be an opportune time to review the build settings.  Here is
what the bb is running - comments and changes requested...

    svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk build

    svnversion build

    wget -O external/unowinreg/unowinreg.dll
    http://tools.openoffice.org/unowinreg_prebuild/680/unowinreg.dl

    cp -rfv ../../main_xtra/* .

    vcvarsall.bat ; autoconf

    vcvarsall.bat ; ./configure --enable-verbose
    --with-dmake-url="http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2"
    --with-cl-home="/cygdrive/c/Progra~1/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC"
    --with-jdk-home="/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/Java/jdk1.6.0_30"
    --with-psdk-home="/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v6.1"
    --with-directx-home="C:\PROGRA~1\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)"
    --with-ant-home="/cygdrive/c/ant" --disable-build-mozilla
    --with-mozilla-build="/cygdrive/c/mozilla-build" --without-junit
    --disable-atl --disable-activex --disable-odk  --enable-category-b
    --enable-minimizer --enable-presenter-console
    --enable-wiki-publisher --with-build-version=Rev.%got_revision

    vcvarsall.bat ; ./bootstrap

    vcvarsall.bat ; source winenv.Set.sh ; cd instsetoo_native ; perl
    $SOLARENV/bin/build.pl --all --html -P2 -- -P2

    (then collect logs and install bits)

Also, here are some notes on the setting up of the buildbot:

  * make 3.8.1 - the default version of make in cygwin (3.8.2) will
    cause problems
  * svn must be run from inside cygwin - this results in xnix style
    linefeeds, a native svn co on windows will result in CRLF and break
    the build
  * I am unclear about where we stand on the Mozilla stuff - I was
    assuming this was torn out , but I seemed to have to have the tools
    for building Mozilla in order to get the build to work
  * I am very interested in peoples reaction to the options and how that
    should change:
    --disable-build-mozilla
    --with-mozilla-build="/cygdrive/c/mozilla-build"
    --without-junit
    --disable-atl
    --disable-activex
    --disable-odk
    --enable-category-b
    --enable-minimizer
    --enable-presenter-console
    --enable-wiki-publisher
  * Should we be disabling binfilter?

That's all for now - very interested in feedback

A.