Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com> on 2002/06/06 20:52:52 UTC

[Betwixt] what's the plan?

by my count we have 10 +1's for promotion and no -1's. so i believe that
we've enough votes to promote betwixt :)

how's this going to be organized?

are we going to have a coordinate development pause, promote then push to
the release using the version in jakarta-commons?

or are we going to finish the release version in jakarta-commons-sandbox
and then promote and release together?

or is there some other possibility...?

(i'll probably have some time to go through the documentation - at least -
before the release but i don't want to step on other people's feet or
indeed have my own stepped on.)

- robert

Re: [Betwixt] what's the plan?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "Martin van den Bemt" <ml...@mvdb.net>
> My fixes / improvements are planned to be finishing up on sunday. (that
> includes tests). If I finish that the patch is in your hands to commit
> it, or -1 it ;)
> For reference :
> - Deprecated setNameMapper and added the setElementNameMapper and
> setAttributeNameMapper (often they have different naming styles).

Cool.

> - Investigating isWrapCollectionInElement(), which is not implemented
> yet (it is never called).

I think we should remove this; its not used right now.

> - Adding testcases for "new" type of xml files (writer and reader)
> - Testing attribute namemapping and elementnamemapping
> - Where possible, see if the current testcases still pass ok (since they
> are based on real examples). After the tests are ok, I will add some
> changes, so also the new functionality (where apllicable) is tested.
> - If I have time left and didn't drown on friday or saturday while
> sailing, I will see if some docs need extra info (maybe some less
> standard examples).

This all sounds great!

James

Re: [Betwixt] what's the plan?

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
[...]

Hope this helps ;). Everything in the list is listed based on
priority...

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: [Betwixt] what's the plan?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
On Thursday, June 6, 2002, at 08:29 PM, James Strachan wrote:

> From: "robert burrell donkin" <ro...@mac.com>
>> by my count we have 10 +1's for promotion and no -1's. so i believe that
>> we've enough votes to promote betwixt :)
>
> Cool! :-)
>
>> how's this going to be organized?
>>
>> are we going to have a coordinate development pause, promote then push to
>> the release using the version in jakarta-commons?
>>
>> or are we going to finish the release version in jakarta-commons-sandbox
>> and then promote and release together?
>>
>> or is there some other possibility...?
>>

>> (i'll probably have some time to go through the documentation - at least
>> -
>> before the release but i don't want to step on other people's feet or
>> indeed have my own stepped on.)
>
> I'd like to move the code over to jakarta-commons ASAP, whenever there's
> good point at which to have a small development pause, then once its over
> in
> jakarta-commons do the things we need for a release. It shouldn't me more
> than an hour to move it across.
>
> Right now I know Jon's doing some more testing and Martin was doing some
> experimentation. So how about we pick a day & time a few days in the
> future,
> say Monday next week, 6pm GMT when we move it over to the new CVS repo? By
> all means chip in Martin/Jon if you need more time. Then once its moved
> over
> we can all try figure out what bits need doing/documenting before the 1.0
> release.

i agreed that picking a date and time is the right way to proceed. it
shouldn't really matter which repository people's patches go into provided
that it's the one that's live.

monday next at 6pm GMT is as good a time as any.

- robert

Re: [Betwixt] what's the plan?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "robert burrell donkin" <ro...@mac.com>